With the launch of the new COLOP e-mark Tri-Colour C2 ink cartridge in July 2021, you may be wondering what the difference is between this and the original Tri-Colour C1 cartridge, and more importantly, which cartridge would best suit your needs.
Opening up new opportunities
When the e-mark was launched in the UK back in May 2019, it was predominantly made and marketed for business use; in offices, warehouses, studios, etc – places that would use it daily and frequently. As time passed, we discovered new uses for our handy little printer, in particular arts and crafts. The more we played, the more materials we discovered that we could print onto, therefore opening up a whole new creative side to the COLOP e-mark.
Why the new cartridge?
The original e-mark Tri-Colour C1 cartridge is brilliant for everyday use. As long as the cartridge is inserted correctly, and regular cleaning of the print-head is carried out, it will give around 5,000 clear prints before it will need replacing. This cartridge is ideal if you intend to use your e-mark several times a day.
After working with those in the craft industry, we found that generally crafters will use their e-marks less often than business users. This is usually down to project or creative requirements. In turn, less frequent use of the e-mark means that the original cartridge has more opportunity to dry out.
The new e-mark Tri-Colour C2 ink cartridge is made specifically with crafters and hobbyists in mind. The specially formulated ink means that your e-mark can be stored away for longer periods of time without drying out so quickly, it also means the print-head requires less cleaning, and because the quality of your prints won’t be compromised, you no longer have to do test prints before you start creating.
|· Dye Ink.|
· Up to 1,500 imprints.
· For casual, non-frequent use.
· Perfect prints even if the e-mark is used for several minutes without returning to the docking station.
· Manual print-head cleaning needed occasionally.
· No test prints required, even after longer downtime periods or infrequent use.
· Minimal automatic print-head cleaning needed.
|· Dye Ink.|
· Up to 5,000 imprints.
· For regular and intensive use.
· Careful use required to prevent the ink from drying out – the e-mark must be placed on the docking station after use.
· Manual print-head cleaning needed regularly.
· A test print is recommended after longer downtime periods and infrequent use.
· Constant automatic print-head cleaning needed.
|· Private use|
· Craft and creative use
· Lifestyle and around the home
|· Professional use|
· Offices and studios
Whether you’re using your COLOP e-mark in your business or at home, I think we can all agree that this amazing little machine can lend itself to a huge variety of different applications. When it comes to picking the right cartridge, the main question you need to ask yourself is: How often do I use my e-mark?
If you use it almost every day, and regularly throughout the day, then the original Tri-Colour ink cartridge is for you.
If you use it less frequently and tend to have your e-mark stored away for a few days, weeks, or even months between uses, then the new Tri-Colour C2 ink cartridge is the way to go
Both cartridges are available from our shop!