Whether you’re celebrating a baby’s first Christmas, a memorable event, or just want to add a personal touch to your Christmas tree, creating your own custom baubles couldn’t be easier with the COLOP e-mark.
Take a look at this short video where Chrissy takes you through a few simple steps to create your own inexpensive, yet effective Christmas decorations.
To make this item you will need:
- A blank bauble, preferrably cardboard or decopatch/paper mache – available from all good crafting stores
- Something to hold your bauble steady – Chrissy used the COLOP ribbon reel, but you can use an egg cup, or even some sticky tack
- A COLOP e-mark, available in black or white. We also have a small number of pre-owned machines if you want to grab a bargain!
- An e-mark rule guide
Personalising your bauble:
- Start off by creating your desired imprints on your e-mark app, then send them to your e-mark.
- Place your bauble into a holder to keep it steady
- Position your rule guide in the area you want to make your print
- Insert your e-mark into the rule guide, then glide to the side to print
This super easy idea can be developed with your own imagination – why not paint the bauble first with some matt chalk paint, to add a base colour. Creating your own patterns on the e-mark app is easy to do, and don’t forget, if you’re using a mobile device, your keyboard emojis can be used too!
You can also add an extra touch of decoration to your bauble by creating some custom ribbon to attach to the top – most non-shiny ribbons will work, or you can try our 100% cotton ribbon which prints beautifully, and with the help of the ribbon guides you can ensure our prints are lined up perfectly.
Join our Facebook group for regular hints, tips and ideas and show off your own creations too – we love to see what everyone uses their e-mark for!