Printing with the COLOP e-mark using data direct from a csv file is now possible with the latest iOS and Android app update. This means that using your mobile device, data can be imported straight into your app, enabling you to create your own personal imprints using your own data along side the all of the usual e-mark functions.
Follow these 6 simple steps to start importing your data…
1) On your laptop or desktop PC
Create an Excel list and save as a CSV. Each row of your Excel sheet will represent an individual imprint on your e-mark.
- Click File -> Save As.
- YOu will see the Save dialog box. Using the file format dropdown menu, select the CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*csv) option -> Click Save.
- Once saved, you need to send this to the mobile device you use your e-mark with. The easiest way to do this is to send it to yourself via e-mail or using a messaging service.
2) Once received on your mobile device
Save this CSV file in the serialmarking folder in your device. This can be found here:
- iOS: Files -> On my iPhone/iPad -> e-mark -> eMark -> serialmarking
- Android: File app -> Internal Storage -> Documents -> eMark -> serialmarking
3) Open your e-mark app
Connect your COLOP e-mark and create a new imprint
4) In the editor
Go to settings in the top left, scroll to “serial marking” and select your CSV document.
It will ask you to set a delimiter, this delimiter is usually a “,” (comma), but this can vary depending on the source of your CSV file.
5) Now create your imprint
This can now be done using the columns from your CSV file:
- Click on “Add Text”.
- Click on “My data”, select the columns you want to have in your imprint such as name, phone number, etc -> each imprint will show the data of one row from your original CSV file.
- Change your font style, colour, etc to your preference, add images, dates or other features to your imprint.
- Save, then print!
Tip: Usually, data sets are varying in length (different names, addresses, etc), therefore, it is recommended to position different variables underneath and not beside each other. Images are best placed to the left of the text.
6) Send imprint to the e-mark
This can be done using the e-mark icon in the top right of the page.
Send the first imprint by clicking Send Imprint to e-mark -> Each imprint will then be sent automatically once you have printed the current imprint.
If you make a mistake or want to only print one specific row, simply click on the “line” and select the data line you want to print.
Still need help?
Don’t worry! We are always here to lend a hand. Simply call us on 0121 622 8900 or drop us an e-mail and we’ll take your through the process